An engine is considered the heart of a vehicle. Its proper performance depends on the operation and condition of various engine systems and mechanisms:
- Ignition system
- Fuel system
- Valve timing
- Parts of the cylinder-piston group
- Other vehicle parts.
Reasons / Recommendations:
- Reasons related to the operation and condition of the ignition system:
- Improper operation of the engine control system is early or late ignition signals, a malfunctioning signal from the injector opening, and other failures associated with starting the vehicle.
- Condition (potential puncture of insulation or protective caps) on spark plugs wires and coils.
- Inadequate spark plug heat rating.
- Moisture on spark plug wires and system elements.
Adjusting the engine control system is necessary to prevent malfunctions, replace the defective elements and install appropriate spark plugs. In addition, any moisture and contaminants need to be cleaned or removed from the contacts of the ignition system.
- Reasons related to the operation and condition of the fuel system, intake, and discharge manifolds:
- Contamination of fuel filters, fuel lines, and injectors
To clean your fuel system, use:
- Atomex MultiCleaner – highly effective fuel system cleaner
- Replacement of the fuel filter.
Contamination of the air filter or decrease of air in the inlet capacity can cause significant carbon and tar deposits on the manifold elements and throttle sticking. Some issues can include :
- The air filter needing to be replaced
- Manifold elements in need of cleaning may use:
- Maxi Flush - fuel system cleaner (gasoline)
- Cleaner of throttle butterfly and EGR valve
- Mechanical damage to the components of the fuel-air mixture distribution system.
- Use of low-quality fuel with inappropriate octane/cetane rating.
To eliminate the issues related to using low-quality fuel and enhance the fuel properties, you can use one of the following products:
- Atomеx F8 Complex Formula (Gasoline) Product for protection of the engine from results of using low-quality fuel
- Atomеx Energy Drive – Engine power amplifier*
- VERYLUBE Cetane + (Diesel) – Additive to improve the quality of diesel fuel
To decrease the freezing point in diesel fuel, the following products may be used seasonally:
- Very lube Diesel-Lux Summer or Very lube – complex fuel improver and cleaner
- XADO Antigel+ – complex, highly effective product for enhancement of low-temperature properties in diesel fuel
- Very lube Antigel – super concentrated diesel fuel treatment for enhancement of low-temperature properties of diesel fuel
To remove moisture from the fuel, you can use:
- Very lube Fuel system cleaner (Diesel)
- Decreased efficiency of the fuel pump
To ensure antiwear protection and compensate for the wear on fuel pump parts, units, and assemblies of the fuel equipment, these two are our choices:
- Plugged Catalyst converter/particle filter
Cleaning the catalyst converter/particle filter appropriately according to the recommendations of the catalyst converter/particle filter manufacturer.
- Reasons related to the condition of parts within the cylinder-piston group and valve train:
- Decreased compression due to the wear of piston rings.
If the piston rings' wear is not critical, the engine should be treated with XADO Revitalizant® for gasoline engine, Revitalizant® EX120 for gasoline engine, or 1 Stage Revitalizant® , according to the application instructions.
If the wear of piston rings is critical and the cylinder geometry does not exceed the limiting wear, it is necessary to replace the piston rings. To adjust new piston rings, XADO Revitalizant® can be applied onto the operating surface of the cylinder (area of contact with piston rings) during the engine assembly, using 15–20 strokes of the piston after. Further engine assembly is carried out as usual.
- Decreased compression due to sticking of piston rings, significant carbon deposits on the surfaces of pistons and combustion chamber
To decarbonize piston rings, use Very lube Anti carbon, a quick-action compound that loosens stuck piston rings within gasoline and diesel engines. Very lube Anti carbon is introduced directly into the engine cylinder before changing the engine oil; you can also apply Atomex Total Flush – an oil system cleaner with piston rings anticarbon effect.
- The unsatisfactory condition of valves (wear of valve stems, guides, and leakage in seats, etc.) wear or damage to the valve train drive parts.
Replacement of defective parts and adjustment of the valve train