Xado Canada Privacy Notice
Last updated June 13, 2019
1. Access Data and Hosting
You can visit our websites without providing any information about yourself. With every visit of a website, the web server automatically stores only the so-called server log files, which may contain the name of the requested file, your IP address, date and time of access, the volume of data transmitted and the requesting provider (access data) and records each visit.
This access data is analysed exclusively to ensure a fault-free operation of the website and to improve our services. Pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this ensures protection of our legitimate prevailing interests regarding the correct presentation of our services. All access data is deleted no later than seven days after the end of your visit of the website.
Hosting Services by a Third-Party Provider
As part of processing on our behalf, a third-party provider performs for us services concerning hosting and presentation of the website. This ensures protection of our legitimate prevailing interests regarding the correct presentation of our services. All data collected when using this website or as part of respective forms in the online shop, as described below, is processed on the servers of such provider. Processing on other servers can only take place in the context set out here.
2. Collection and Use of Data for Processing of Contracts and Opening a Customer Account
We collect personal data if you disclose it to us voluntarily in connection with your order, when you contact us (e.g., through a contact form or by email) or when you create a customer account. Required fields are labelled as such since, in these cases, we absolutely need respective data for the purposes of executing your contract, processing your contact form or opening the customer account, and if you don’t provide said data, you won’t be able to complete the order and/or create the account or send the contact form. Which data is collected is stated in the corresponding input forms. We use the data that you have provided pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (1) (f) of the GDPR for the conclusion of contracts and processing of your requests. After complete processing of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked in consideration of tax and commercial retention periods and deleted after expiry of these periods, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data, or a legally permitted further use of data has been reserved by our website, about which we will inform you accordingly below. It is possible to delete your customer account at any time. This can be done by sending a message to the responsible person named below or by using the corresponding function in your customer account.
3. Data Transfer
4. Email Newsletter
Email Advertising and Subscription to Newsletter
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we use the necessary data or the data specifically provided by you in order to regularly send you our email newsletter with your consent pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person named below. After your cancellation, your email address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data, or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
5. Cookies and Web Analysis
In order to make your visit to our website attractive, to enable the use of certain functions, to display suitable products or to conduct market research, we use so-called cookies on various pages. This ensures protection of our legitimate prevailing interests regarding the optimized presentation of our services pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (1) (f) of the GDPR. Cookies are small text files that are automatically stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e., after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). You can learn about the period of data retention by checking the overview of the cookie settings in your web browser. You can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
- Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_GB
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- Firefox™ https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera™: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be limited.
Use of Google (Universal) Analytics for Web Analysis
For the purpose of website analysis, this website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC (www.google.ca). This ensures protection of our legitimate prevailing interests regarding the optimized presentation of our services pursuant to Art. 6 Paragraph 1 (1) (f) of the GDPR. Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods that enable analysis of the website you visit, e.g., cookies. The automatically collected information about your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Anonymization of the IP address on this website ensures that the IP address is shortened within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The anonymized IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is generally not merged with other Google data. When the purpose of using cookies and Google Analytics is completed by us, the data collected in this context will be deleted.
Google LLC, based in the United States, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”. You can view the current certificate here. Based on this agreement between the US and the European Commission, the latter has determined the appropriate level of data protection regarding the companies holding the “Privacy Shield” certificate.
You may refuse Google to collect data generated by cookies regarding the use of the website (including your IP address) and to process them. To that end, you can download and install the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-ca
As an alternative to the browser plugin, you can click on this link in order to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on this website in the future. Such opt-out cookie is stored on your end device. If you delete the cookies, you must click on this link again.
6. Contact Opportunities and Your Rights
As a concerned party, you have the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR, you have the right to obtain information regarding your personal data processed by us to the extent stated therein;
- pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR, you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you or to demand that incomplete personal data stored by us be completed;
- pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR, you have the right to erasure of personal data stored by us if further processing is no longer necessary for:
- exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- compliance with a legal obligation;
- reasons of public interest; or
- the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if:
- the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the data;
- we no longer need the data, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR, you have objected to processing of the data;
- pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit such data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, at your habitual residence, your place of work or at our registered office.
If you have any queries or questions regarding collection, processing or use of your personal data or if you wish to correct, block or delete your personal data, or revoke your consent of using your personal data, or object to a certain kind of data use, please contact us directly using the contact details in our legal notice.
Right of Objection
If we process personal data as mentioned above for the purpose of protection of our legitimate prevailing interests, you can object to such processing with immediate effect for the future. If the processing is conducted for the purposes of direct marketing, you can exercise this right at any time as described above. If the processing is conducted for other reasons, you have the right to object to such processing only for substantive reasons arising out of a specific situation.
After you exercise your right of objection, we will no longer be processing your personal data for the respective reasons, unless we can provide compelling and legitimate reasons for such processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
This shall not apply if the processing is conducted for the purposes of direct marketing. In this case, we will no longer be processing your personal data for this reason.
What Information Can I Access?
XadoCanada.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with XadoCanada.ca. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such XadoCanada.ca features as discounts and offers.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in your account information section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of XadoCanada.ca and orders placed with XadoCanada.ca, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit XadoCanada.ca, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at XadoCanada.ca, please send a thorough description to info@XadoCanada.ca and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information: Conditions of Use
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at XadoCanada.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password).